Thursday, June 20, 2013


Dinner

I mixed apple cider vinegar
with hot sauce to serve over
lightly steamed swiss chard

I toasted red quinoa in olive oil
added water and brought to a boil
simmered until done

King salmon brushed with olive oil
fresh herbs sprinkled over pink meat
grilled to rare perfection

A fine accompaniment 
Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand
crisp and delicious

What is the point of my pretty tale
to relish finer things that bring pleasure
in a disgustingly fucked up world

Where did we get so lost
people die in tribal wars
starve and suffer with disease

The imbalance of resources
and opportunity that leaves 
too many suffering

I want to mix apple cider vinegar
with hot sauce to serve over
lightly steamed swiss chard

I want to feed the world
I don’t know how
I want to fix everything


1 comment:

  1. It is hard to fix everything, Willow. It is hard to fix even one thing. But one can enjoy that apple cider vinegar with hot sauce over steamed swiss chard in the meanwhile. No harm in that.

    ReplyDelete